Monday, September 13, 2010

A Bathroom On The Beach

Feeling motivated, I decided to take on Sunday morning's project late Saturday night. With only a gallon of paint and a bit of effort and creativity, I transformed my half bath from yellow ugliness (really, who paints a bathroom YELLOW) into a coastal paradise.


Wanting an inexpensive upgrade to my bathroom, I choose a beautiful blue paint to coordinate with my white and chrome fixtures, and the white closet doors. Plus I already had many beach inspired wall plaques that I had collected here and there on clearance, knowing one day I would use them. All I had to buy was the paint, new bath rugs and a new soap dispenser!


With the walls decorated, the shelf was the only place needing something. I put my creative ingenuity to good use to create a great centerpiece. Using shells that I had collected during many Florida vacations, plus a box of polished shells from my cousins in the Kwajalein Islands that was just sitting around and an old unused vase, my centerpiece was born. For the finishing touch, I got a piece of twine, and tied it around the vase, attaching 2 sand dollars to the twine ends. I accented the vase on the shelf using the 2 seahorse candle holders I scored at Kohl's for $3 on clearance!



Total Cost For This Project: $48

Paint: $22 Behr Horizon Haze - the photos don't do the color justice!
New Rug: $14
Soap Container: $12

No comments:

Post a Comment