Friday, September 10, 2010

Snippets From Summer

I have been extremely busy lately, hence the lack of updating! So I figured I would put together this one post with small snippets of what I have been up to lately.

My mom and I took a short, but much needed vacation to Traverse City & Mackinaw City, MI. We had a great time touring wineries, visiting lighthouses - including light spotted on Shepler's Lighthouse Cruise out of Mackinaw. My favorite part of the trip was my parasailing adventure. Thanks to the Traverse Bay Parasailing Co. I got to soar 1200 ft. in the air, taking in a breathtaking view of the Grand Traverse Bay.

After that short summer vacation, I have been extremely busy working on the yard every weekend! My hard work has paid off and my yard is looking beautiful! There is only one side that will need updates next year, along with garden art shopping. I'll be writing up more of my Gardening Adventures series with these changes to come.

September has brought on even more craziness to my busy life, as I take on another dance class and the Dale Carnegie Course! So far I'm having a great time at both classes.

The first weekend (Labor Day) in September was also spent doing lots of fun activities. Each Labor Day the Mackinac Bridge is open to walkers, usually some 50K people walk the 5.6 mile journey across the 3rd largest suspension bridge in the world, right her in our great state of Michigan. I have walked the bridge several times, and not only did I walk the bridge, but I pushed my mom in her wheelchair the entire way! I'm glad I she could enjoy it without walking as she could in the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment