Friday, September 17, 2010

A Tuscan Shed

In order to prolong the life of my shed, and improve the appearance of my backyard, I gave my shed an inexpensive face lift with some rust-olem.


I don't have a before photo, but just picture this shed with gray walls and a black rusted roof and doors.

When I went shopping for Rust-Olem, there were not many colors to choose from in the non-spray variety. I began with the professional rusty metal primer, because the roof of the shed was severely rusted. Then I choose the Gloss Almond color for the shed walls and Leather Brown for the roof and doors.

In just a couple hours my shed went from rusted to looking brand new and I won't have to invest in a new one for several more years. I got many compliments on it from our neighbors. Amazing what a new coat of paint can do! (The picture above is a monarch on the butterfly bush in front of the shed)

No comments:

Post a Comment