Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Broadway In Detroit


Yes, I am aware that this is my 3rd blog post in one day. It is the last day of work before the holiday vacation and my stuff is done and I'm anxious to get out!

I have failed to mention that I am an avid theater-goer (turns nose up). I have seen many wonderful plays in Detroit including The Radio City Christmas Spectacular, White Christmas, The Nutcracker, Riverdance, The Sound Of Music, The King and I, and my favorite, Wicked.

I am also proud Oakland University Alumni (no nose turning necessary here), and as an alumni and part of the OU community I am able to score amazing deals on theater tickets - up to half off in some cases. Just last saturday my theater-going buddy, Aunt Juli, and I saw Mary Poppins for just $20, and it was excellent.

So far this year we have been to 3 plays, and we already have 3 planned for early next year: Chicago, Burn The Floor & Mamma Mia. Normally with the high price of tickets, we could only do maybe one or two per year, but this is spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment