Monday, December 13, 2010

Holiday Baking


Since I put up my decorations in November, one can only assume that my holiday shopping was complete by the first weekend in December, and you would have assumed right!

Not only are all my presents purchased, but they are wrapped and looking beautiful under the tree. Now the only task is to complete the holiday baking.

I spent the entire weekend baking delicious cookies from scratch for family and friends! I have been helping my mom bake Christmas cookies and fudge every year since I can remember. This year I braved the baking alone, due to my mom's handicap she can no longer help in the kitchen. I missed sharing poorly sung holiday tunes with her as we made all types of Christmas cookies from chocolate chip, peanut butter, Russian teacakes and sugar cookies in holiday shapes. I did her proud, baking all day until I literally ran out of stick butter. I brought her warm cookies from the oven, shared the fudge pot with her, and of course let her roll the Russian Teacakes in powered sugar.

I still have another whole day of baking ahead. Tonight I'll be heading out for more stick butter and baking ingredients! I'm also considering buying a Gingerbread house kit. I have never made one, but I think it might be fun to try, and it would be a cute centerpiece for the Christmas Eve food buffet!

No comments:

Post a Comment